Wednesday, May 05, 2004

In consideration of whether to blog or not, the obvious consideration I am forced to confront is why a rather private home-body would feel the least bit compelled to write out thoughts that might fall under the watchful gaze of others. The inner discussion is thus begun and continued as I pose to myself the very obvious reality of the fact that few "will little note nor long remember" what I have to say if indeed anyone were to stumble upon it. So why bother? Again, a great counter to myself. Well, Self, I think there might be a therapudic quality in blogging, much like that people have in keeping a journal. And like a very wise man once said, "It's better than a kick in the head." Perhaps that is what many of us are missing: PERSPECTIVE. After all, what situation could not be better presented in the light of a well chosen comparison.

"Eat your vegetables. There are starving kids in China."
Perspectives in the kid's eye: "Brussel Sprouts v. Ice Cream, Brussell Sprouts v. Hunger. Either way, Brussell Sprouts come out the big loser. Send them to China."

This politician or that politician.

Perspective of the voter: "Um, how about that kick in the head?"

So as I toy with the worth of blogging, I think that perhaps that there is the element of perspective, but also of time. Time will tell whether or not the exercise was actually therapudic or wasteful; inspired or annoying. Until then, it's better than a kick in the head.

By the way, the very wise man who used that expression was an old boss of mine. I wish I'd kept that evaluation form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home