Monday, January 02, 2006

As it worked out, tonight the girls were staying overnight with friends so Kendra, Connor and I finally went to see The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. It was excellent! I found myself getting choked up several times. It was so well done.

I understand the need to present the ugliness of evil (as seen in some of the disturbing characters both in Narnia and LOTR), but I thought Kendra had a great point. Ugly evil is not nearly so dangerous as that which is attractive. Still, Narnia brings out that point well in the interraction between Edmund and the witch.

Add my name to the long list of people who think C.S. Lewis is a genius. The true flavor of his book was maintained in this film presentation and all who see it and thoughtfully consider the story are blessed by it's telling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home