Friday, December 09, 2005

A Return to Nonsense

Otay. Back to blogging. It's been a while. First, here is the worship order for Sunday. Remember, we are going back to one service for a few weeks beginning Sunday at 9:00am. This also happens to be the Sunday where we are supposed to bring warm cookies for the worship team: Christmas cookies, chocolate chip, whatever suits your fancy.

Luke 1:46-55 ~ Whitney Mann
“Magnificat” -Chorus
Luke 2:1-14 (val 1-3, Robert 4-5, kellie 6-7, brad 8-9, katie 10-13, all 14)
“Angels We Have Heard On High” -Chorus
1001- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
147- I Stand Amazed
screen- In Christ Alone
The Lord’s Prayer

Children’s Time ~ Jeff & Denise Harrell
997- O Come, Let Us Adore Him
3 year olds through Kindergarten to God’s Garden

*(Mars Hill & Angel Slides)
“Angels We Have Heard on High” ~ Mike Cope
1002- Angels We Have Heard on High

Communion: Luke 2:25-38 ~ Ray & Amanda Pettit
screen- God Who Comes to Save

Tithes & Offerings
Invitation To Children’s Christmas Musical

1018- Joy to the World

Benediction ~ Mike

Just kidding about the cookies...


_______________

For those of you who saw the post about Bill, his mother passed away. Her funeral was today in New Mexico. Just thought you might want to know.
_______________

Glad the semester is over. I'm a little tired of writing. I'm a little disappointed, too. The relief I expected upon turning everything in just wasn't there. I just had this nagging feeling that it wasn't my best work. I have written research papers before, but off an outline. This one was done off a time-line. I never quite felt comfortable with that. Oh, well. Perhaps it was bad enough that I'll get another chance.
_______________

I know everybody knows this, but sometimes contractors can drive a person nuts. For me, it's already a short trip from where I am to nuts so I really am about to go off my rocker. Perhaps I am too nice to these guys. (Pretend you agree.)
_______________

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
_______________

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

He's not kidding about those cookies. It's a time-honored tradition that must not be broken. From what I've herad, oatmeal-raisen cookies are also acceptable.

Friday, December 09, 2005 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home