Saturday, February 03, 2007

Look aMike

First, as Dave Barry would say, I am not making this up.

I was taking a class in Dallas this weekend and, as always, you meet new people even if they say familiar things. Sure enough, one gentleman came up to me Thursday night and introduced himself.

“I’m sure you get this all the time.”

I instantly knew where this was going. Rarely does a week go by when someone doesn’t tell me I look like Matthew Broderick. I began to nod, knowingly as he went on.

“You look just like, M-“

“Yeah,” I said. “I hear it pretty often.”

Then he said something that floored me. I had never heard this one before. I mean, he looks okay for his age, I guess. Sure, he’s probably in better shape than I. Our balding patterns are different. But he’s FIFTY for cryin’ out loud!

“You do!” he continued. “You look like Mike Cope!”

Huh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Cope?

Or
Matthew Broderick?

I don't see the resemblence between those two.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Strangely enough, there's a guy at Farmer's Branch who looks EXACTLY like you, but he's about 6'4". It's so weird. Anytime I see him I have to do a double take.

But Mike Cope? Hardly.

Friday, February 09, 2007 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home