Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25 Miscellaneous

Memorial Day Weekend is upon us. Officially, we have no plans. We toyed with the idea of a run to the farm in Missouri, but none of us were thrilled with such a long trip crammed into such a short period of time. Then we never really revisited the idea of something to make the weekend a little more special. It’s a shame, too, because I will soon have few free weekends with which to do something. More about that later, though it’s no secret.


Today is the last day of school. In my continuing tradition of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, I helped Connor come up with a great prank. It was slightly complicated but we tested it last night and it worked like a charm. Then, sadly, in our discussions of the events about to transpire it became known that another youngster had become aware of our plans. Although the prank was harmless, the first rule of a successful operation like this is anonymity. Don’t get me wrong, there are successful pranksters out there who love the glory that may come with a successful procedure (though I love the added element of making everyone wonder who they should suspect), but if the word gets out early, as in this case, it can jeopardize the mission. Had it been one of Connor’s buddies we would have pressed on. However, this kid was a loose canon that gave us plenty of pause. We were forced to abort. Connor was extremely bummed and I was disappointed as well.


Pursuant to the notion that this is the last day of school, I just want to give major props to Kendra for making it through this year. This has easily been the worst year she has had in her 14 years of teaching. I would not have been able to endure what she has put up with this year, and that’s just at school. If you throw dealing with me into the mix she obviously takes on superhero status. Maybe I should get her a costume…

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith Brenton said...

So ... can you share the nature of the prank?

Or is it being saved for another year, another end-of-school term?

Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I'm retarded...fact.

I lost your email address...fact

I need to get in touch with you...fact fact.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home