Saturday, October 06, 2007

So, I've listened to a few speakers this weekend talking about a closer relationship with God- listening for Him to reveal to you some path or some emphasis for your life. I've heard people insist that they know He speaks to them. Sure, there have been times that I feel like an experience was probably enhanced by the Spirit (often during worship) and even times when I felt nudged away from my own desires and toward something more noble. But more often than not I feel more like the people in the AT&T mobile commercials wondering if the call has been dropped or perhaps God has gotten so offended by me that He has decided to clam up. I dunno... maybe I'm more like Calvin that these people- but I'm working on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

I agree with you to a certain extent. There have been many times I have begged for God to speak to me "like to other people."

But I know he works in ways I don't understand and I just keep searching and searching, always thankful when something astounding is revealed to me and I'm not sure of the how but I do know the who!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger SG said...

Me too! Can you hear me now...

Love that cartoon!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 3:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home