Thursday, January 20, 2005

Seek and you will find...

Well, as the doctors keep checking Chris out, they seem to keep finding things. Chris does have a small skull fracture in addition to the numerous other injuries he has sustained. When I saw him today it felt like I was literally going to choke as my heart jumped into my throat. Of course it was partly because I hated to see him in his condition. But perhaps more than that, it was out of the joy in seeing him and the pride in knowing this tough young man. I am confident that great things are in store for him. Stay strong, Chris.

Jon-Westin and Austin were looking good and eager to go home. Their parents, though weary, were holding up pretty well. Both boys were talkative and even a little impish, which I took as a good sign. What a homecoming all three boys have to look forward to.

It is remarkable for me to see those guys. I first got to know them when they were kindergartners and Kendra and I taught that class. It's sobering to think that though that hasn't been too long ago, they aren't little boys anymore. Especially now, in the wake of what they have endured this week, they seem to have grown so much. I pray they continue to use these experiences to grow even more and encourage spiritual growth in others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home