Friday, April 01, 2005

An-ti-ci-pa... Oh, to heck with it

Is anyone else a little frustrated with Blogger? I wrote a new post a few days ago. I got the whole "You blog published successfully" nonsense, but it never showed up. Not only that, it did not save as a draft, either. My feelings on the matter have been eloquently portrayed others in similar situations:

"For the love!!" -Brandon Scott Thomas

"Doh!" -Homer Simpson

"Aarrrrgh!" - A pirate namedLester

"Robble robble. Wh-? ROBBLE!" -Hamburglar

"My griefin' catfishes!" -My Grandma Edie (True, by the way)

"Botts!" -Addie (That was a cuss word she invented before she knew how to talk)

"Oh, man!" -Swiper, from Dora the Explorer

"Inconceivable!" -Vizzini from the Princess Bride

Anyway, I was frustrated. It is indeed a huge loss to the world, too, for in this one post I explained many of the world's yet unsolved mysteries and gave a terrific recipe for cookies. Now I can't remember any of it. In my sadness, I have come up with a new topic for songs. How many can we come up with that involve:

CRYING?

Good luck everyone. I hope this blog makes it to you, but if not:

"Shazaam." -Gomer Pyle

10 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Holy Macaroni!!!
The post thingy worked. Wonder of wonders!

Tears in Heaven
-Eric Clapton
When a Woman Cries
-Joe Cocker
Cryin My Heart Out Over You
-Diana Ross

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger mezzonurse said...

"Blue eyes cryin' in the rain"--was that Willie? I never can remember who sang what.

I am equally as frustrated with Blogger, dagnabit!. thought it was jus cuz i haven't blogged in several months and it forgot who i was.
sarah

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Donna G said...

Crying over you- UB40

Big Girls Don't Cry- Four Seasons

Tears of a Clown- Smokey Robinson

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger RPorche said...

You can't forget "Great googly moogly" from that commercial.

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn

Friday, April 01, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

"Blue eyes crying in the Bean" - Freshmen class Sing Song

Friday, April 01, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger SG said...

Hey Val! No song here. I have done the same thing with posting only to find later that somehow I scrolled down on the date and published my post in the past. I had one post that was dated in 2001! FTL! (For the love!) Not saying that is what happened to you but,it has happened to me many a time! Blogger has frustrated me to the point I just don't blog as much. :) It's a crying shame!

Friday, April 01, 2005 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger mezzonurse said...

Jimminy Crickets! I found another in my book of (extremely) old songs.
"Boo-Hoo, you've got me crying for you, and as I sit here and sigh, says I, 'I can't belive it's true.' Boo Hoo, I'll tell my mama on you....someday you'll feel like I do and you'll be boo-hoo-hoo-in' too".

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:16:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

No Tears in Heaven

There's a Tear in My Beer, Hank Williams, Jr.

Crying, Roy Orbison

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaac says Cry Me a River (don't know who its by).

Jeanne says

Don't cry now By Linda Rhonstadt

Vance says

Daddy Don't Cry by Elvis
Crying Time by Ray Charles

Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home