Monday, August 22, 2005

13 Years and Just Getting Started




Have you ever seen the Far Side cartoon with two panels, one representing heaven and one depicting hell? The caption for the Heaven scene says, "Welcome to Heaven. Here's your harp." The caption for the one depicting hell says, "Welcome to Hell. Here's your accordion." Well, thirteen yeares ago today, I definitely got my harp, but I fear Kendra got her accordion.

I was blessed beyond anything I could comprehend that day and am still learning how blessed I am as each day goes by. Even not knowing, we stood up there in front of a crowd (some might say posse) in Muleshoe and made ridiculous promises to each other. We meant them, and still do, but we were naive as to the implications or even the possibility of what we were saying. Still, I am so glad and know that if no other blessing had ever come my way, I would still have been the most fortunate person I know just because of what happened that day.

Our life has changed so much since then, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She is beautiful, easy to love, godly, sexy, patient, kind, caring, a great mom, a great teacher and my best friend. Happy Anniversary to me and thanks for 13 wonderful years to her. I love her.






5 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Cheap shot on the bed-time comment. Last night I was the Bedtime Nazi! The Munchkins tried, but I was a rock of discipline. A ROCK I tell you!

Now, regarding the other stuff you mentioned: Empty nest? I think I'm gonna be sick. Then again, I'll have you to myself...

Monday, August 22, 2005 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Anniversary!

Now I get all the knick-names over at Ryan Porche's blog...definately Matthew Broderick.

Bueller???

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:41:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Congrats Guys! I agree with Kendra, it's not that you look old now Val, it's just that you looked soooooo young when you got married.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Deana Nall said...

Kendra, my wedding hair was ridiculous. Yours was perfectly sane. My hair is kind of naturally big and I wanted it up but Chad wanted it down so I compromised and had it all pulled over and hanging down on my left side. The result was a Wall O' Hair. For the pictures, Chad was standing on my left side and I couldn't see him at all. It really didn't look all that bad -- it was just big. I'm still waiting for big hair to come back in because my hair's kinda built that way.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger RPorche said...

Congrats you guys! I love the pictures.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home