Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I think I may follow the lead of everyone who used to read this blog and give it up for Lent. Actually, I may apply that to blogging in general. Perhaps I should think about it. Trouble is, I gave up thinking for Lent a long time ago.

*

I have this theory about the UK pulling out of Iraq. I think pulling out is a lot easier than actually deploying Prince Harry to the region. What a security nightmare that would have been for all involved. And can you think of a worse form of political suicide for Tony Blair than to have a prince get killed in the service? I really don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist but perhaps when you take this and my thoughts on 9/11 one might begin to wonder.

*

Tomorrow I go to the ranch to check out a suspected mountain lion situation. There is no quicker way to talk Kendra out of going to the ranch than to tell her there might be a mountain lion in the neighborhood. I would love to be able to debunk the theory, but from what the ranch hand said I am pretty sure my suspicions will only be confirmed.

*

I may have mentioned this before, but I would really like to find a trustworthy Realtor in the Ruidoso area or perhaps just an individual with something to sell that will cash flow.

*

Baseball is about to start. I am excited about it. We will have nothing to do with the concession stand other than as customers and regular people working our shift. I am continuing in my path toward complete serenity- even in situations of competition. I almost had a setback the other night when I wanted to tell a referee at a basketball game to exhale (as opposed to what he had been doing the rest of the night) but I didn't. Serenity now...serenity now.

*

One more weekend of class and then a few projects until I become a certified mediator/arbitrator. Finally something official to add to my resume of "lackey."

*

I just watched "The Fighting Temptations" the other day. I know it is rather predictable, but I did like the picture of church that ultimately came through. Another church scene in movies that I especially like was the end of "Places in the Heart." When I think about it, there aren't many movie scenes in churches that don't involve weddings. I'm having a hard time thinking of any.

*

I was thinking the other day that if I were trying to come up with a mix of people that would be an image of Christ, some major ingredients would be Kendra, Rob Cunningham, Dickie Porche, my dad, Joey and so many more that I will probably mention later. Sometimes you realize how fortunate you are to be witness to some people.

2 Comments:

Blogger CherylC said...

I loved your sweet "shout out" to some of those folks you admire. I think they are all pretty special also...especially that Rob Cunningham!

and...please dont give up blogging...just do it more often! We're still reading! I even come back a couple of times a week JUST IN CASE you might have blogged!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Yeah! What CherylC said!

(Oops. I obviously gave up thinking for myself for Lent, too.)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home