Monday, November 12, 2007

Dad Update Correction

Now that he is actually back and I got to visit with him for a little longer, I realized I was misinformed in my last post. Dad has not actually begun treatment for the cancer but has instead begun medication for symptoms caused by the cancer. Since his red blood cell count dives so severely (hence the need for the transfusions) he is being treated for that. Depending on how that goes he may start chemo treatments in a few months. At least it's a start.

_____


The project I did not discuss in the last post is the truck I am trying to restore. This truck has been in the family for fifty years. That's 5-0. My dad's dad bought it as a demo and we've had it around ever since. Trouble is, it hasn't been road-worthy for as long as I can remember. In a matter of days, however, it will hopefully be running like a well-oiled machine. Actually it will be a well-oiled machine. Anyway, it will also be as shiny as a fresh coat of paint. Come to think of it, it will have a fresh coat of paint. So... if you see my dad driving around in a 1957 Chevy pickup (or me if I'm lucky) looking like the picture here (not the actual truck) you'll know I actually managed to finish one of the things I'm working on (or paying someone to work on).


2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

Brought back so many memories. My brother owned a 56 Chevy truck very similar to yours. It was still working. In fact, my dad use to use it occasionally. He became the owner after my brother died.

When my parents moved from Lubbock to Corsicana, the truck was needing a new home. My dad tried very hard to have one of the kids or grandkids buy it from him, but no one could do it or wanted it. So....my cousin's husband bought it. Dad felt better that it was still in the "family" sort of, but I think he was disappointed that no one wanted it.

Hope you can keep yours. We have our 1972 Cutlass convertible that we keep in the garage and drive in good weather. We hope our kids will want it some day. Just not sure which one will get it. We plan to have them "fight" over it and not worry ourselves about it :).

So sorry to hear about your dad and his illness. I am praying for you and your famiy. Hang in there.

We were hoping to be in Abilene for Thanksgiving with Mark & Gina, but my SIL is graduating from boot camp....so we are off to Kentucky! We hope to get that way soon and I will look forward to worshiping with you.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Val...awesomely cool truck. Been thinking about you a lot. Love and miss you.
BST

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home