Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hmmm...


Ev'rybody's gonna have religion in glory...

Remember that song? Maybe that is another one of those songs some people would refuse to sing if it was in the worship order. I'm pretty sure we don't need to worry about that.

I'm trying to read some secular non-fiction right now, but on my not-too-distant radar is the book "Un-Christian." I suspect it will be yet another account of how Christians are getting it wrong. Certainly we are, but sometimes it starts to feel like the ones who love pointing that out feel like perhaps they are the only ones getting it right and I know that ain't happenin' either. Nobody has a monopoly on forgiveness and understanding. Maybe we should quit telling people how to achieve salvation and let Jesus do it. I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home