Sunday, April 03, 2005

An Hour Saved is an Hour Burned

Well, I am in an absolute funk. Losing that hour last night has nailed me. I was pretty good when I first got up. I mean after having several middle-of-the-night phone calls lately, I have been able to function after a shortened slumber. But today, after leading worship on a day wherein I showed up without a pitch pipe and without a bass and without a preacher and without half my brain (the second half by the way- the first half has been AWOL for a long time) I arrived home after lunch and crashed hard. I slept for an hour and a half with Addie on my back also sleeping but that rare nap has only whetted my appetite for more. This is the obvious genesis of today's song topic:

SLEEPING.

The last topic went pretty well. Kim got the mystery song- "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. "Crying" by Roy Orbison came in second.

I would also like to hear of any good April Fool's pranks anyone managed to pull off. I had a few that went okay, but I am always looking for new ideas.

Have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

I couldn't Sleep At All Last Night- Tossin' and Turnin'

Sleeping Single in a Double Bed

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Wake, O Sleeper

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:05:00 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

"Are you sleeping, Are you sleeping, Brother John, Brother John?"

"It's been a hard day's night, and I been working like a dog

It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log"
, Hard Day's Night, the Beatles

While she lays sleeping
I stay out late at night to play my songs
, She Believes in Me, Kenny Rogers

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

"Enter Sandman" - Metallica

"Send Me The Pillow You Sleep On" - Dean Martin

and of course, the greatest sleeping song ever:

"It was nine feet high and six feet wide
Soft as a downy chick
It was made from the feathers of forty-’leven geese
Took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick
It’d hold eight kids an’ four hound dogs
And a piggy we stole from the shed
We didn’t get much sleep but we had a lot of fun
On grandma’s feather bed"

-"Grandma's Feather Bed" - John Denver

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

There is a castle on a cloud, I like to go there in my sleep...
-From Les Miserables

Monday, April 04, 2005 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I Should Be Sleeping
-Emerson Drive

"Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It’s getting better and better"
-Beautiful Boy, John Lennon

"Why don't you lay down and sleep, Earl..."
-Goodbye, Earl, Dixie Chicks

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home