Thursday, May 26, 2005

News and Observances

I have changed my e-mail provider. If you are trying the old address it is not working. Perhaps that is an opportunity to send me that rude message you've always wanted to send without any repercussions. I will be saddened by the lack of stimulating debate, I'm sure.


Traffic levels are getting worse and some estimates suggest that commuting times in major cities will double again in less than ten years. Enjoy.


Today is the last day of school. Remember that feeling when you were a kid? Do you wish you could feel that way again?


Is it weird to wait for the closest parking spot at the store where you are buying a treadmill?


I am sometimes amazed at the behavior some people will try to defend rather than admit they are wrong. I know that sooner or later the embarrassment must set in but I wish I could be there when it does.


My prayers are going out to this year's graduating seniors and also to their parents. I am not looking forward to that day.


I was talking to one of the blues at last night's game and he mentioned that a fan from another league in Abilene had called him a "f***ing numb nuts." All I can think to do right now is shake my head. (I am.)


The circus was in town last weekend. I am sorry, but it just isn't complete without elephants. They were on medical leave (or study break or sabbatical or something).


While I am confident in God's plan for our deliverance, I sometimes struggle to find other things in which I am confident. How about you?


Congratluations to Brad Fuqua. No, not for the baby, yet (as far as I know.) He got the mystery song last time: "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes." His prize is the role of first chair tenor on the praise team. This time were going for songs that deal with: SPORTS.


Yesterday I was hitchhiking and a guy driving a hearse stopped. I said, "No thanks. I'm not going that far." -Steven Wright


Have a blessed day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Take Me Out To the Ballgame

"A big, big yard where we can play football..."
Big House- Audio Adrenaline

Home Run- Geoff Moore & the Distance

Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

TL got mine so
Are Your Ready For Some Football!

Friday, May 27, 2005 6:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cheap Seats" by Alabama

Friday, May 27, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I think you ask for song titles so no one will comment on your blog writing. I think you have diamonds on the soles of YOUR shoes. I also think you love the song, "Basketball is my favorite sport...I love it when they dribble up and down the court."
BST out.

Friday, May 27, 2005 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Ah -- "Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes!" It makes me hearken back to Sing Song '89. AH-WAH AH-WAH!

Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home