Sunday, May 01, 2005

Well, there you go...

Once upon a time I entered (late) a meeting (church related) and found that a conversation had been going on about something controversial (but basically harmless) that had occurred. I was immediately asked my opinion of the matter. Consider my position. I had no idea what had been said or what the general consensus was of those in the room (not that that mattered) or whether someone in the room was personally (or otherwise) involved and might be hurt if my reaction was negative (which would matter).

"Well," I responded. "There you go."

The room erupted in laughter. The moderator of the meeting said, "That is so true! And a classic "Val" answer!" I nodded like I knew what the heck was going on and took my seat telling myself (1) to remember that answer and use it often and (2) to get to meetings on time.

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Self, why did he use so many parentheses and why did he tell such a pointless story?"

To which I would have to reply (say it with me), "Well, there you go."

Sorry about not blogging regularly. I have been out of the office much of the past two weeks and in the evenings have been at the ball park. Blogging has really fallen by the wayside. Here are some of the other things that have been going on:

Sang at a wedding yesterday in Albany, TX (SALUTE!). That's all I have to say about that.

Led worship today. Getting to church at 7:00AM makes it easier to get a good seat. For some reason at 2nd service I started sweating like crazy but only from my forehead. What was that about? Then later, while I was leading a prayer I started to kind of lose my voice. Mike jumped up with a bottle of water. (Thanks, Mike!) It is the first time I have had someone come up and ask me for a re-print of a prayer I led.

Still up to our eyeballs in Dixie. I power-washed the bleachers today. I have found that using one of those things for two or three hours tends to make your forearms very sore the next day so you'll know why if I don't wave or shake hands with anyone tomorrow.

It's May 1. For you James Taylor fans out there, "Hooray, hooray." If you've been to some of his concerts you probably know what I mean. Congratulations. Again, that's all I have to say about that.

Scored points yesterday with Kendra because a brisket I had forgotten I had purchased from some non-profit effort was delivered and dinner was served. It was an accidental Fonzie moment, but I'll take what I can get.

Got to be a cowboy on Friday and round up goats for the sale. I love it when I surprise the guys and they have to eat their words about some of that "City Slicker" crap. Yippee Ki Yay.

All that having been said, I am also sorry that I have been too busy to keep the song game going. Anyway, taking a word from my little story above, let's see if we can come up with any songs containing the word:

GO.

Good luck with that and thanks for listenin'. (By the way, I just felt parenthetical today.)

10 Comments:

Blogger mezzonurse said...

You gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do...

IF YOU GO AWAY on this summer day, then you might as well take the sun away.... ( no one else seems to remember this song but me )

the classical youth chorus ended their program saturday night with
CHILDREN, GO WHERE I SEND THEE...

Monday, May 02, 2005 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Mae said...

Wake me up befor you go-go. ~ Gotta love WHAM!

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Self,

Don't think that if he had a point he'd have made it by now?

Val,

Maybe all that really matters are the points you made with Kendra.

And the fact that you and the Spirit conspired to speak words to God that were on somebody's heart Sunday ... somebody who didn't have the words.

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Couldn't let the James Taylor first day of May comment slip by without giving you a knowing nod. Wink-Wink, nudge-nudge.

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Val said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Go Speed Racer!
Go Speed Racer!
Go Speed Racer Go-o!

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Donna G said...

Please Go all the Way- The Hollies

**what does this say about me??**

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Go West Young Man"
Michael W. Smith

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Val,
I'm not really sure how I happened upon your site, interesting to say the least. Remember how many weddings I've sung with you...well just 3 anyways, Gwen Estes, Alison Hare, Allyson Mavroulis. Well, good times, fun times.
You CRACKKK me up. I'm going to come here to laugh on days when I went to kill my kids at school. High expectations here.
Molly Carrigan

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Finally an Abrigg..... said...

and to learn how to spell. what's wrong with me. geez.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home