Tuesday, November 01, 2005

For my birthday on Saturday I had class all day and then that evening I drove a hay ride in a circle for three hours. I am pretty sure that such a thing might be a redneck's dream of combining NASCAR and haulin' hay. It is at this point I realize I am probably not a redneck.


Trick or Treating was fun, but I think our kids enjoy "Boo-ing" people more. It is where we prepare treat bags which we then leave on someone's front porch before ringing the doorbell and running. Sometimes we will all dress in black and go running around in the dark like idiots but we have great memories. Besides, it's a nice way of reversing the "gimme" emphasis of Halloween. I highly suggest it.


We're getting closer to wrapping things up on the house across the street. The carpet upstairs goes in tomorrow. We went with wood downstairs. I am willing to show it if anyone is willing to look at buying it.


Holiday plans for my side of the family are vaporizing before our eyes. I understand that schedules are difficult to blend, but it gets challenging when then plans for 20 people revolve around one or two or they simply cannot be done.


I was impressed by the silence from the conservatives even when it looked like some of their main guys might be going down in flames. It stands in stark contrast to the character murder of Kenneth Starr. He is a good guy that did not deserve the treatment he received simply because he was assigned a task to perform.

Once again, I return to one of my favorite quotes:
"...Cause and effect are in God's hands. Is it not the part of faith simply to let them rest there? God is God. I dethrone him in my heart if I demand that he act in ways that satisfy my idea of justice... The one who laid the earth's foundations and settled its dimensions knows where the lines are drawn." -Elizabeth Elliott

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

hey buddy---email me this morning when you get a chance. PLEASE!!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home