Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Who to root for? I am in a bit of a quandry this year, but I suppose it is a nice problem to have. Four teams I admire are still in it.

The White Sox? Sure, I love to root for the underdog and you you can't get more underry doggery than the Chi Sox. But then I would have to wish ill of...

The Angels? Otay. I dislike most things Californian, but they have a Highland pitcher. I cannot say I know him personally, but I do think the world of his dad (who is a great singer by the way) and it would not be right to root against anyone in the Lackey family. Sorry Sox. Gottta go with the Angels on this one.

The Cardinals? My Missouri ties run extremely deep. St Louis has bittersweet memories. The sweet is that it is where I asked Kendra to be my wife. That's pretty special. But now she and I both live in Texas, home of the...

Astros? Yeah, this one is admittedly tougher. I almost always think it is disloyal to go against the home team and loyalty is important to me. Not only that, St. Louis kind of frittered the series away last year and I wonder whether or not they deserve this chance. It's almost a tie on this one but it may lean slightly toward St. Louis because of Albert Pujols. I really like him. On the other hand, you have different fingers. Just kidding. I guess I sort of favor St. Louis on this but I would be happy with either one.

Just don't ask me who I want to win the world series. If the Sox are in it, I'll cheer against them (sorry AL). If the Angels make it I'll probably cheer for them (sorry NL. Hey AL, I'm back!). But I'll worry about that more later. On the bright side, at least I don't have to worry about the Yankees.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

...they're STILL playing baseball...? Sheesh!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Donna G said...

Gotta go with the Cards...but you are right about the Yankees! Yeah!!


another disappointed Braves fan...

Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

Terri, I think she meant..Is baseball still going on.... I could be wrong, but that's how I read it!!

Friday, October 14, 2005 1:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home