Monday, July 30, 2007

The connection was correctly guessed by Laura.

The first picture was of Elliott, the dragon from Pete's Dragon.

The second image is the logo for Camp Blue Haven.

It was 23 years ago this summer when Kendra and I had our first date on Movie Night at camp to see Pete's Dragon. Below are pictures of how we looked back then. It is very freaky to see how much Kendra looks the same. It is also very hard to see how I scammed her into spending any time with me- let alone marrying me.

I mean look at me! In one picture it appears that I am trying to wring her neck. In the other I have my pants on inside out! Sure, it was for some special occasion where we had to dress up- I think Fifties Day- but did people actually wear their pants inside out in the fifties?! Of course, it makes my current dorkiness pale in comparison (if you disagree I really don't want to hear about it). Still, she does have her arm around me in that shot, so maybe I was on to something. Yeah, I doubt it, too.



So why bring this up now? How could this possibly relate to any current discussion? Well, keep watching this space to find out more...

9 Comments:

Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

My how time flies.....when you are having a good time. It looked like you were having a good time!

Camp Blue Haven...hummmmm. I was there when my parents took a group of teens there way back in 1960 and was about three miles from there on my honeymoon in 1970. We went to church there on Wednesday of that week!?!

Never actually went to camp camp there so would not have known the symbol. Isn't it fun to look back? But I tell ya, there is nothing finer than the love after a long time! It just gets better and better! It was 37 for us last month! Wow!

Waiting to see the rest!

Monday, July 30, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Camp Blue Haven -- what a great place to be with the love of your life. I thought I had met several of them when I was there as a camper from 1964 to 1968. Turns out they were all interested in my older brother. God was saving me for Nancy.

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love Kendra's look in that last picture... I'm pretty sure I've seen that same look from Addie once or twice. :)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

What a hoot to see those pictures! I had my heart broken at Blue Haven by a girl who at the time meant everything to me and now...I can't even remember her name. Nice to see a love story that worked out. You are a blessed man.
P.S. - We were never really that skinny were we?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - it takes quite a woman to date a man that's skinnier than she is.

Of course I use the terms man and woman loosely since I had just completed the 5th grade...the same age my son is now!! SCARY!!

And I wasn't scammed. I knew exactly what I was doing. I even said to a friend when I returned home from camp that I had met the guy I would someday marry. Ahhh, how sweet.

~Kendra

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A caption for that 2nd pic could be:

"This is my new friend, Val. As you can see, he needs a few friends."

My, true beauty is ageless. At least in Kendra's case...

-TMS

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The top pic looks like Michael Kate (with ginormous hair) being acosted by Scott Baio. The second pic looks like Conner and Addie. Hilarious.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yea! I'm glad I got it right so we wouldn't have to be in suspense any longer! I enjoyed the "flashback" ~ Seems like we were just there!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:32:00 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

You married way over your head.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home