Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life & Other Nonsense

Wow! Forgive me reader for I have sinned. Almost two months have passed since my last post. Life has kind of been getting in the way. I'll try to offer a brief summary:



School has started again. The kids all seem to be enjoying it though they won't admit it. Connor is playing football with full pads for the first time. I'm not exactly sure what the learning curve is but I think he is behind it. The girls are enjoying their year so far as well with the promise of good days ahead. Actually, at least one boy has called the house this year so I think I'll retract my last statement.



Work has been absolutely wild. I am starting to get a new office set up. Long story short- I hate it. Well, maybe "hate" is a little strong. I guess it just leaves me horribly depressed and wishing I could find a job as an island hermit. Ooh.... Sorry. I drifted off to another world for a second there.



We have a new foster dog. He is hilarious. His name is Finn and he is part Great Dane and part Pit Bull. I used to tell people he had the size of the Dane and the attitude of the Pit but having gotten to know him we have realized he is a big softy. If he doesn't know you, however, he will probably use you either as a chew toy or a snack.



I am still really enjoying leading worship at Highland. It would be great to concentrate solely on worshipping- even with worship planning thrown in. But constant recruiting can be somewhat taxing. If anyone reads this and is interested in giving praise teams a try, let me know. Before you get involved in a regular commitment you are welcome to give it a try as an alternate for a while- in which case you can respond to a call for a replacement only when it suits you. If you are interested leave a comment.



Kendra and I reached a pretty cool milestone a few of you may be aware of. I can't really discuss it in such an open forum, but there are clues on my Facebook profile.


Finally, many have asked about how Dad is doing and sadly, the news is not good. Some complications resulted in a few trips to M. D. Anderson that Ike did his best to complicate. Ultimately, though, a new bone marrow biopsy showed that 90-95% of the cells in the biopsy were cancerous. Further, he was diagnosed with an additional type of cancer. Now he has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma in addition to the hybrid of leukemia and lymphoma with which he had already been diagnosed. We are not yet aware of a treatment plan or diagnosis but we are on a heightened level of concern and anxiety.



So there you go. While it may not have seemed like a brief synopsis, believe me it was. I won't guarantee that I will write with more regularity but I'll try to at least feel guilty if I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home