Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Bachelor

Well, today Kendra and the kids went to Muleshoe. Yes, it's true. We have saved enough to send most of the family to this West Texas resort town. I am the only one that had to miss out.

I always get moody when the family leaves. I mope around pathetically missing them before we're even apart. As of now, they've been gone around 2 hours 58 minutes give or take a few minutes and I am wanting to see them.

The kids and I have a tradition called 21 Kisses. You see, the night before my sister died she was holding 2 week-old Michal Kate and kissing her. She looked over at me and said, "From now on the first ten kisses you give your kids every day are from me."

"Deal," I said. "Now I just have to kiss them 21 times so I am still winning in the count." So, now my kids get 21 kisses a day. I seldom miss a day and often when I do I make up for it by peppering them with kisses until they are beating me off with whatever blunt instrument is handy. That's okay. I'll gladly take the bruises before I'll stop letting them know how much I love them and how blessed our family is because of their presence.

Anyway, three days comes out to 63 kisses apiece and I seldom shave when I am baching it. Hurry home soon, kids!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

That was awesome! Wow--what a tradition. I love it.

Look at it this way--YOU could be the one in Muleshoe. That could make anyone cry.

I love seeing the father and Godly man you are. Thanks for encouraging us by your example.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Clearly, the bachelor has left the building.

Friday, July 09, 2004 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home