Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Donald I Ain't

Today I had to terminate an employee for legitimate reasons but I still feel miserable. I hate being a part of anything that might disrupt or add difficulty to anyone's situation. Without question the matter has been bathed in prayer and I hope anyone reading this offers up one of their own for the family of this employee.

Although I had no doubt before, I am further convinced that The Donald is indeed a jerk. Not the sweet, naive, lovable Jerk like Steve Martin but the other kind. I have been sick to my stomach all day over this matter and am wishing for some distraction even though I know that is nothing compared to how this former employee feels.

I guess I am getting soft as I age. Not that I was ever heartless. It's just that I was able to more easily detach personal matters from business matters. This appears not to be a struggle for Donald Trump but is instead a thrill.

May joy never come from the hardships of another and may I never think that creating a more difficult situation for one person is the proper way to elevate another. Life is not a zero-sum arrangement and anyone who says it is either is selling you something or has not experienced the Love of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home