Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Well, a summer that has been complicated by broken bones and lots of baseball is drawing to a close. In an attempt to get in one last activity, our family came to the Metroplex to play.

Yesterday, on a fantastic 101 degree Tuesday we went to Six Flags. The dancing old man from the commercials was nowhere to be found. He was too smart. All of the heat and humidity did remind me of another old man, though. I believe it was Kyle Dickson's Paw Paw Bully who said, 'If you can smell yourself, other people been smellin' you a long time.' That't all I have to say about that.

Today we go to a waterpark. I have recently lost 19 pounds, so maybe people won't organize an effort to get me back in the water like last time. The heat should be more bearable there.

Today's blog is a bit of an experiment because I am blogging on my phone while my family sleeps. I just don't sleep late, yet I don't want to wake them. I know others will argue because they are obligated to, but I think I have the best little family! I really mean to say that pridefully. I just feel extremely blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

OK--imagine this...in one dumb move, I agreed while in college to be Willie Wildcat at the Six Flags Soul Quest. I think it was something like 350 degrees in that cat suit. Ridiculous.

You think Paw Paw Bully ever said that to KYLE?? There were times he should have.

For whatever reason, we are in a weird cold snap here. It's only in the 70s today and down to 50 tonight. The high all weekend will be 81. Enjoy the sweating!

I am jealous of your day at the water park. Have fun, old pal.

Friday, August 06, 2004 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home