Thursday, September 23, 2004

Today...

Today I am going to the funeral of a former roommate's wife and three kids. Yesterday Grant Boone was asking about the arrangements. I told him that his mother-in-law's funeral was Thursday afternoon, but the one for his wife and kids was in the morning. He said. "Can you believe that sentence?" He was referring to the spoken sentence I had just uttered, but my mind went straight to the sentence of grief that Mike's life is in danger of becoming. I pray that through Christ that sentence is somehow commuted.

3 Comments:

Blogger SG said...

Val I saw this story on news * and it breaks my heart. Our prayers are with him. Please keep us posted on this tragedy.

Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the anonymous writer, I usually have a funny story to tell. Today I don’t. I heard of this story while in a meeting in Dallas and at the time I didn’t know that I knew this family. Just hearing that 10 people were killed in an accident hurt my heart. Yesterday on the drive home, Val called shared with me the name. “I know him”. The husband I mean, the only survivor left of that family. The rest of the drive back home I wondered what I would do if one morning my beautiful family was for forever removed from my life. I want you who read this to think about that for a while before you fall to your knees and pray for this young man.

Thursday, September 23, 2004 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger SG said...

Val how is Micheal martin? I have beenthinking about him lately with the holidays and all. You are the only person I know who knows him directly, so I thought I'd post this and see if you get it. You can e-mail me through my blog if you want. Stephanie

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home