Friday, January 28, 2005

Carpe Doo-doo

In retrospect, I should have stayed in bed. Nothing would have happened if I had stayed in bed yesterday. Nothing. But, I made the sometimes ill-advised decision to face the world yesterday. Instead of nothing, by the end of the day I had memories of being late for a closing, being stood up for lunch, hitching up a trailer in the rain, later changing a tire on that trailer in the dark in 40 degree rain and so much more (or less, depending on how you look at it).

So now, it's 5:30 in the morning the following day and I am really considering my options. I know how yesterday turned out, but today still has promise. After all, His mercies are new every morning. I like to think that He isn't thinking about yesterday and how I disappointed Him in so many ways. Or the day before that. Or probably even the day before that. And probably not even the multiple offenders involved in every day in the history of man. So, perhaps today has promise anyway. Besides, it is the day of the birthday party for the cutest little almost-seven-year-old you've ever seen.

So, I guess I'll give today a shot after all. Besides, my hind-sight is not that great anyway. It's hard not to keep sitting on those glasses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Hope your day is much better today. That hind-sight is best left alone after all moving on is really the only option.

Have a wonderful birthday with your wonderful seven year old!

Friday, January 28, 2005 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy B-day MK!

Val, you really are a good writer! I'm serious! You engage your crowd very well...as if you would want another job! I think you would have great potential! And I'm not blowing smoke!

Friday, January 28, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Carpe votum! English translation: Seize the pray! And focus your hindsight on what it was like to be 7 years old having a birthday. Hmmm. Maybe that's how God sees us: Just like a child. His child. Awesome.

Friday, January 28, 2005 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Happy Birthday to MK! Love your writing too. Nino's right. Maybe you should dress your entire family in black and you dres in white and stand on stage and sing "A New Life" and then "And Can It Be". Symbolism. Jeff Berryman. drama. meaning. man in the mirror.

Friday, January 28, 2005 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home