Monday, June 13, 2005

And so on

I had the interesting experience today of finding out I had been robbed by someone I had tried to help. My buddy and co-worker, Chito, had hired a laborer to help out the last week or two and I had commented to Chito that he seemed to be a good worker and we should find more work for him. Well, today Chito called to let me know that this guy had bragged about stealing stuff from "the white guy's (my) truck." Chito asked me what I wanted to do and I told him to give the guy another chance to make it right. In response, the guy basically sneered at him and told him he couldn't prove anything. Maybe, except we had a witness. Chito called the police and the guy ran. I would have gladly given the guy money if he needed it, but he never asked. I had also told him I was willing to try to help him find work. Now I am quite hesitant to vouch for him in that regard. Still, I hope some good comes from this somehow. We'll see.

Another interesting effort to help someone out has also had interesting results. I hired a guy who needed a little work on the side to come trim a tree in our back yard. Remember Rosie O'Donnell's post-coming out lesbian inspired haircut? Picture that on a 40 year-old fruitless mulberry. I have got to get over that image. How about a mid-80's Cindi Lauper instead. Well, it appears there are no real winners here.

I sang at a wedding Saturday night. It was very sweet. The groom was in his late 40's and it was his first marriage. It is interesting to see how a stage full of 40 somethings is much different at a rehearsal than a stage full of 20 somethings. Frankly, the difference in silliness was at times negligible but the hair was more gray. They were a great bunch of people.

Michael Jackson should buy a bunch of lottery tickets today. Sadly, though, it was as I predicted. That's all I have to say about that.

The mystery song last time was "Hip to be Square." I almost went with "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" so Katie gets special mention, but I had to go with Huey Lewis since he has a new CD out after a decade or so. This time it is a little broad, but let's go with songs that mention some kind of CONTAINER.

I loved Matt Ritchie's blog today. Give it a read if you have a chance.

Addie's secret handshake today involved high kicks and some freestyle. She is a NUT!

Ten years ago tonight Kendra and I were restless with the thought of getting up early to go to the hospital and inducing Connor's delivery. More about that later on the other blog.

Good on you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

So I won!! Thanks for the mention (LOL)

Time in a Bottle- Jim Croce

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a little box to put my Jesus in----3 year olds at Highland :-)

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Peas Porridge in the POT nine days old.

The DISH ran away with the SPOON.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Susan - said...

I'm a little teapot...
Little Brown Jug...
99 bottles of "pop" on the wall...
Don't fence me in (?)
Genie in a bottle

Saturday, June 18, 2005 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Papa's got a brand new bag.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home