Friday, June 24, 2005

Dog Days of Summer

Okay, I know it is not yet officially the dog days of summer, but the subject of dog bites came up the other night at baseball practice, and having been bitten several times myself, I was inspired. In fact, when I was four I had to get rabies treatment. I vaguely remember the series of shots over a period of several weeks. It was not fun. Anyway, all of this leads me to think of several quotes regarding dogs. So, here's to man's best friend:



"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, 'My (Goodness), you're right. I never would have thought of that!'" -Dave Barry

"They say the dog is man's best friend. I don't believe that. How many friends have you had neutered?" -Larry Reeb

"Woof woof woof, woof. Woof WOOF!" -Rin Tin Tin

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Morecai Siegal

"To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs." -Aldous Huxley

"Every dog should have a man of his own. There is nothing like a well-behaved person around the house to spread the dog's blanket for him, or bring him his supper when he comes home tired at night." -Corey Ford

"To err is human, to forgive canine." -Anonymous

"If a dog will not come to you after he has looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." -Woodrow Wilson

"Every dog is entitled to one bite." -English Proverb

"My dog is half pit bull, half poodle. Not much of a guard dog, but a vicious gossip." -Craig Shoemaker

"Dogs have more love than integrity. They've been true to us, yes, but they haven't been true to themselves." -Clarence Day

"Every dog has its day. Except when he breaks his tail, then he has a weak-end." -Dolly Parton



Well, there you go. A little tribute to the pooches out there. As one more parting shot, let's see if we can come up with songs about DOGS. I think this might be a repeat topic, but I'm okay with that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog!

Friday, June 24, 2005 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Susan - said...

"Me & You & a Dog Named Blue"

"How Much is that Doggy in the Window?"

"Puppy Love"

Friday, June 24, 2005 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Does Elton John's "The B---- Is Back" count as a dog song?

Friday, June 24, 2005 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

B-I-N-G-O

Let me be your salty dog

Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger PatrickMead said...

No song title, but a T Shirt slogan: Lord, let me be half the man my dog thinks I am."

Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home