Monday, January 30, 2006

Gen. Update

Peg and Arlene, I loved your comments. Congratulations, Peg, on the hard work and sacrifice it took to realize the commitment to regaining control over your finances. Arlene, I think the model of a group like you mentioned is a very healthy way to seek peer input instead of the ways we usually try to get unnecessary peer approval. I think that would be a great use of accountability. I am not blind to the fact that this blog is not exactly widely read so this idea may not spread much from this point, but perhaps others will get the same idea and it will grow from there.
_________________

We have a new children's minister at our church. She is someone with whom I have worked for the past few years so I have very mixed feelings about her new position. I will greatly miss her, but I am also excited about her new role and know she is extremely capable. I have had little nicknames for her in the past and I thought her new job should also mean a new name; something fitting a ministerial-type person. I thought about Reverend something or Pastor something. I finally decided on "Nutter Superior." I really hope it catches on because I think it could drive her crazy.
_________________

Connor has really gotten into golf in the past few weeks. He even used his own money to buy a set of clubs. The sad part is, he is already better than I. Even more sad is the fact that that's not saying much. Still, for you relatives reading this, the next time you come to visit, you'd better bring your clubs.
_________________

I remember where I was 20 years ago when the Challenger blew up. I was in a biology class at Harding Academy in Searcy, Arkansas taught by the football coach. I still remember how he told us through tears and a cracking voice what had happened. That image is a permanent snapshot in my mind that has faded very little in the years since.
_________________

Michal Kate had a surprise birthday party Friday night which also included 16 or 17 girls spending the night. If any you have ever considered such a thing, I highly recommend it. It is well worth whatever trouble could possibly arise*.
_________________

For those of your who don't know me, I love my truck. It's not that I love it in a material way. It's just that it has been very good to me and seldom complains and I cannot help but respond favorably to that kind of loyalty. I am sure you must understand and not think I am crazy. Which is why I am also sure you'll understand how sad I was to get into a wreck on Thursday. I saw the guy coming and tried unsuccessfully to get out of his way but James (my truck) took a shot to the left hip (driver's side bed). Had I not sped up he may have been hit in the ribs (front or rear driver's side doors) which would have been worse. Still, I hated to see him get hurt. He's never hurt anyone and doesn't have a mean piece of metal in him. In fact, he loves to help people. So anyway, James will be going under the knife soon for surgery once we decide on a good doctor- er, body and fender guy. Like Kendra said, too bad it wasn't the van.
_________________

* Misery loves company.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

**thanks for the footnote on the spend-the-night party. Every parents worst nightmare if they truly expect that these giggling girls will SLEEP!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Finally an Abrigg..... said...

weren't you a sing song host?
check it out
www.acusingsong.com/hosts.html

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger SG said...

Tell Kendra that I want to know more about this slumber party. Truthfully the idea of a slumber party gives me the heebie geevies, but the cost of doing everything else is just overwhelming! Kolby turns 8 next Friday.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

What is it with men and their trucks?

My husband drives a lot to work so he has a work car but has his green machine on the weekends. Everytime he gets in it, he sighs. He often asks me, "Don't you just LOVE my truck?"

Whatever floats your boat, Babe.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home