Wednesday, October 25, 2006

More Misc.

This is such a busy time of year for so many reasons. There are games to go to for our kids and other kids, fall carnivals and parties, time changes, work, multiple committee meetings, luncheons, deadlines, tryouts, practices and more. It's all of that that makes me enjoy the Highland Family Retreat even more. Combine a beatiful setting, great people, cool weather, a hammock and no schedule or agenda and you have at least a little bit of down time to breathe. Just a week and a half to go...

*

I had to go to DFW yesterday. While many elements of the trip were quite frustrating indeed, it was great to sit down with Nino for lunch.

*

Go Cardinals! As a half-Missourian I have always had a soft spot for both the Royals and the Cardinals. It's a little tougher the be proud of the Royals but I am still a big George Brett fan.

*

We have had some interesting luck when it comes to Connor's Haloween costumes in the past. One year he was a train engineer. Within days there was a small train derailment in our area. One year he was a surfer with a bandaged leg and a bite out of his surf board. The same day as our fall carnival at church that girl surfing in Hawaii got her arm bitten off by a shark. I won't reveal yet what he will be this year, but last night one of the umpires in the Cardinals/Tigers game was hit by a foul ball. Honestly, I think he is outgrowing the whole dressing up thing, but next year I may try to get him to dress like a politician or two that I can think of. I would much prefer term limits, but sometimes you have to get proactive.

*

Now for the interactive portion of today's post:

If you were to change careers, what would you do? Now let me qualify this, I am looking for real scenarios. Tell me something to which you might actually be able to switch. For instance, don't tell me you're going from high school shop teacher to opera-singing pro wrestler. Unless you have some true chance of entering the ring after a rousing performance of Pagliacci the possibility remains a mere pipe-dream (and possibly a starting point on the next visit to your therapist). Anywho, if anyone is reading this, let me know what you think.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Val...trying to email you but I have a bad email address for you. Email me so I can respond back.
BST

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

I am going from contractor (23yr), with a stint of youth ministry, to bed and breakfast operator. The modeling agency did not call me back?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

First of all the Connor thing is creepy AND funny!

Secondly, I would like to be an English or history teacher and a writer.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger RPorche said...

I would want to be a sound engineer for live concerts / performances.

Or I would want to be a police officer.

Or I would want to be a voice for a cartoon.

Friday, October 27, 2006 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I have always wanted to be a back-up singer, never the front woman, just a back-up singer with a maracha in hand.

I am a business woman at heart. I love customer relations! I'd love a try working with customers in a fun business.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 3:25:00 AM  
Blogger Troy M. Stirman said...

Truthfully, I wouldn't mind singing in a Christian Quartet if I didn't have to leave my family behind and I knew it would pay the bills...but, I would want none other than Val Durrington as my 1st Tenor! Hands down...that would be my easiest pick.

-TMS

Monday, October 30, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lone Ranger said...

I once nearly was a cartoon voice, but the day of my audition, Tokyo had its worst snow storm in a decade and I didn't make it. Guess I'd want to be a veterinarian -- in Hawaii.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home