Friday, September 24, 2004

Kidding...

Today I was riding to San Angelo with someone who asked me for a kid story. I had three- but first a disclaimer.

The following stories are based on true events. However, the names may or may NOT have been changed to protect anyone who might not wish for these stories to be relayed in a forum that falls under the watchful gaze of five eyes. (Let's see, I think that comes out to me, my wife and a pirate.) Anyway, any similarities between characters in today's blog and any other people, living or dead (or in may case, about to be) in purely likely. Also, and this is very important and critical information that cannot go ignored in light of these events: Honey, I love you. (Not you, pirate. Shiver me timbers.)

1. Our house is in the terrible clutches of the chicken pox virus despite the chicken pox vaccine. Michal Kate is now the polka-dotted Michal Kate and it has done absolutely nothing to reduce her cuteness. I am still powerless. Anyway, Kendra and Michal were checking out her condition.

"You know," Kendra commented. "One spot by itself is called a pock."

"Really?" said Michal. "Which one?"

2. Later, talking to Addie about the situation, we told her that she might end up getting the chicken pox as well. "Well," she insisted. "If I get chicken pops, I'm gonna keep 'em."

3. The other day Addie was riding in the truck with Kendra and me.

"Mom," she said. "What does a "5" and a "1" make.

"5 and 1 make 6," Kendra answered.

Something about the way Addie asked the question and the fact that she and I had also had a similar conversation caused me to want to clarify so I said, "Addie, 5 plus 1 make 6, but if you are asking what it means when a 5 is next to a 1, then that makes the number 51."

"Daddy, you are sooo smart," Addie gushed, obviously impressed by my mathematical genius. "But I still love you, Mommy," she added quickly.

I couldn't hide a grin (especially with my lack of effort) as Kendra looked at me and said, "You may NOT blog about that."

Arrgghh. I'll try, matey.


1 Comments:

Blogger RPorche said...

Hilarious. Gee, I hope I still have a roommate by this time next week...

Saturday, September 25, 2004 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home