Monday, November 29, 2004

The Holiday Weekend

Well, we are coming down off the high that was the Thanksgiving weekend. I actually started blogging about this earlier today when my computer crashed and went to a C: prompt after I had been at it a while.

I guess the weekend began on Wednesday when I took the kids out to the ranch with me while Kendra cleaned house to get ready for company. The kids and I had a lot of fun off-roading, hiking, target shooting and taking pictures. Michal Kate shot a gun for her first time and Connor once again proved that he is a great shot. Some intermittent springs were running so we took some neat pictures with small waterfalls in the background. We also got the truck really muddy and even jumped it once. Then to top off the day, we saw the Sponge Bob Movie. Next time, I'll take the alternative torture no matter what it is. Sponge Bob is just a little too nerve-wracking.

Thursday my brother, Vance, made it to town but they stayed at my dad's house that day because Connor was down with the stomach bug. I took the girls over to play with their cousin Isaac, but Connor stayed in bed all day.

Friday my sister's husband, Chris, got to town with his kids Carissa, Harrison and Mallory. I love it when they come for many reasons. First, I think it is very important for us to keep in contact with them even though Vicki passed away. But also, I love for my kids to be around them and see the great examples they are. It is good for my kids to have positive role models like that.

Friday night we did the Thanksgiving meal and then afterward did a gift exchange for that side of our family. My other brother, Vearl, and his family were unable to come because three of them had strep. Still, we had fun.

Saturday everyone came to our house and there was a lot of front-yard football and general play. That night we all went to see "Polar Express." I thought it was great and the reputation it seems to have for darkness may be a bit exaggerated. At any rate, it beat the crap out of Sponge Bob.

Sunday I led worship at Highland. There were 19 congregational selections! I started feeling a little sick during the service but made it through and hurried home to go through my own bout with the stomach bug. It was awful. I even threw out my back puking so that added insult to injury, or maybe injury to insult.

So anyway, there you go. The mundane. We will return you to you regularly scheduled ridiculousness, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home