Wednesday, November 03, 2004

So?

So, it's back to the mundane, I suppose. While I feel the recent events of my life have been anything but mundane, I do recognize that others may not agree. I regret that principles of confidentiality keep me from revealing much of what has happened recently, let me just ask that in one particular situation you pray for clarity in the life of someone dear to our family. The roller-coaster that this person has forced others to ride recently has been a wide-spread struggle and potential disaster to many. In response, my first (and perhaps most selfish) prayer is "Lord, please come quickly." Other than that, my prayer remains that the Spirit will move mightily and to instill revelation.

That having been said, now on to the election. I did not pretend to know how the election would turn out, but when pressed, the only prediction I made was that if Bush was the apparent winner, Kerry would not concede Wednesday morning. I was technically right, but only by a few hours. I do, however, commend Kerry for the class he displayed in his concession. Apparently this is a trait that he did not share with John Edwards, but I am sure it is not easy to be in such a position. The worst thing I saw today was a blog posted by a young man here in Abilene wherein he said if God had really wanted Bush to win the margin would not have been so thin. That statement is so ridiculous that I do not even know how to respond. Perhaps that's just as well. As I have said before, it is impossible to argue with an idiot. In matters of world politics, I merely pray that the One who has overcome this world will work in the hearts, minds and souls of those who think they run it. Unlike some, I do not think it is wrong to ask God to bless America because I do not assume that we are the only ones He is blessing. To do so would place the omnipotent in a very small box. So, God bless America and God please bless the world and Your work in it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

I'm pretty sure that the "young man here in Abilene" intended to be taken (and wrote it) with tounge-firmly-in-cheek. He actually asked that in question form. Go back and read today's post and you'll get a better idea of what he meant and how he meant it.

I havep prayed for the family situation and I do hope that things begin to turn out better. :)

Thursday, November 04, 2004 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Val said...

I did not name who wrote that, so I am not sure your assumption is fair. The same sentiment was repeated several times as I "Next Blog"ed last night to guage the blogoshperes reaction to the election. The post I read was not in question form.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mae said...

All apologies then sir Val! :) On that note, check out Travis Stanley's post travisstanely.blogspot.com for an incredibly similar subject.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home