Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Non-Bush Bushisms

George W. Bush is among the millions who make fun of his mis-usage of the English language. However, other famous Texans have had their turn. Try these.

"I want to thank each and every one of you for extinguishing yourselves at this session." -Speaker Gib Lewis

"Let me give ya' a hypothetic." -Rep. Renal Rosson

"Well, there never was a Bible in the room." -Gov. Bill Clements*, on repeatedly lying about the SMU football scandall.

"I am filled with humidity." -Speaker Gib Lewis

"It's the sediment of the House that we adjourn." -Speaker Wayne Clayton

"This is unparalyzed in the state's history." -Speaker Gib Lewis

"Oh good. Now he'll be bi-ignorant." -Ag Commissioner Jim Hightower, when told that Gov. Clements was studying Spanish

"Let's do this in one foul sweep." -Speaker Wayne Clayton

"There's a lot of uncertainty that's not clear in my mind." -Spkr. Gib Lewis

"No thanks. Once was enough." -Gov Clements when asked if he had been born again.

"If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen." Ag Cmsr. Jim Hightower

"I am so full I feel like a tick that's been on a dog for a long time." -Brandon Scott Thomas






* Painted Pony played a gig for Governor Clements once in Austin. Somewhere there are pictures with the gov, his wife and a very drunk Jim Hightower. That is a funny story for another blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clarissa said...

LOL!!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

LOL!!! I loved it. Thanks for including me in your blog, you boxer wearin', squirrel trappin, freak of nature! Oh--I have GOT to hear the painted pony story.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home