Monday, November 29, 2004

Real Men of Genius

Today we salute you, Mr. Day After Thanksgiving shopper. Sure, you have ignored the value of getting an extra six hours of sleep and avoiding maddening crowds. Rather, you got in line at the Target at 3:00am to save $7 on a Scooby Doo tree skirt. Never mind that you leap-frogged a small child while simultaneously being beaten with a walker by an over-zealous senior citizen wanting the same delightful Christmas trinket. We know that you are merely feeling more than your share of the Christmas Spirit as well as internal bleeding. So march on into battle and remember, the true message of the season must actually be: "To the victor go the spoils"- or in this case a tree decoration sporting a talking dog and his free-loading hippie sidekick with chronic munchies. Yes, march on Mr. Day After Thanksgiving Shopper. March on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

the great thing about Ash Flat is that the sales end at noon and you can show up at 10am and still get good deals...on camouflage.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger SG said...

OK Val I know I used to be a doubter too. But then one year in the midst of a battle with insomnia, I went to KB Toys at 5/;00am the day after Thanksging. I got a Smoochy Pooch ($40) free. Yeah free. I went on to get a $500 video camera from the now difunct Service Merchandise for $150. (You think that video camera deal did them in?) I also bought DVD at Best buy for half price. Truly I came home with $700 worht if stuff having spent only $250. WOW! Those sales are rare I admit. This year I didn't see anythng worth getting up for so I slept in. But last year at 5:00am in the line to get in Toys-r-us my no-make up warm-up clad friends and I had a blast drinking hot chocolate and singing Christmas Carols. We had a divide and conquer strategy for the store. It was really fun. I tell Rob to think of it like HUNTING. I know so many guys who get up before dawn to bag a deer. I just get up that early to bag a deal. Wouldn't you be willing to loose a little shut eye to get a buck?

Friday, December 03, 2004 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger SG said...

Typing with one hand ...not doing too well!

Friday, December 03, 2004 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home