Monday, July 11, 2005

Good for What Ails Ye

Well, nobody got the mystery song again. It was from "Life in the Fast Lane" by the Eagles.

Doctor says he's coming but you gotta pay him cash...

That one was a little tough. I am going to stay in the same neighbor hood for the next topic and go with eveything related to doctoring and doctors but the word itself. Good luck with that.

I had an interesting experience this weekend. A guy who I had tried to help out a little started to get a little annoying, I am sorry to say. I hired him a few weeks ago to trim some trees for me and ended up having to use my own equipment to haul away the debris. Well, he has gotten a few other jobs in my neighborhood and I have now used my equipment to help him on two other jobs. It is frustraing since I am not getting paid, but yesterday while wanting to say something completely different, the thought that kep running through my head was "Not just your coat, but your cloak as well." Although I am pretty sure I have never paid as much for a cloak as a tank of gas, I eventually got the point. Now I need to work on the "cheerful" part.

Have a great day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, enjoy your blog and your rants- "christian education" changes when you are the parental unit paying for: a Frat, who's climbing the tower, occ going to class, but won't be a SS host (Jason can't sing)
..and by the time your crew gets there $500/hour will look great
.. now, didn't that help......Gene H

Monday, July 11, 2005 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Veggie Tale tunes:

I Love My Lips: Larry is talking to Dr. Archibald, his psychiatrist

The Yodeling Veternarian of the Alps

Monday, July 11, 2005 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Your love is like bad medicine!
Bad medicine is what I need! - Bon Jovi

I hold my PhD in crash test blues - Faith Hill

Voo-Doo medicine man - Aerosmith

It's more than just an ordinary pain in your heart. - Stevie Wonder

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home