Friday, August 17, 2007

5,473

That’s the current total. But 5,478 was looming. It’s a big number, to be sure. But how best might it be commemorated?

We had some friends who had just traveled to a tropical locale. We looked into that, but in case you haven’t heard it is a bit of a circus over at the passport office. I knew, having come to the idea a little late, that there was no way our passports would be ready in time. Then I had an idea- and before it died of loneliness I put it into action.

I had a ton of miles from using my credit card for work purposes for the past few years but they were soon to expire. I cashed those in on two plane tickets for my bride and me to Hawaii. Hence the pictures.

There seemed to be forces at work conspiring to put a damper on the trip. There was a lost camera, a disappearing rental car, a broken rental car, a mysteriously cancelled activity, a missed connection in Phoenix, getting home with only one out of four bags. But all of that was cancelled out by one thing- actually I still came out way ahead.

I got to spend five days in one of the most beautiful places in the world with the most beautiful woman in the world.

In light of that, the only real downside was that we had to come back. So even though we were only in the 5,460 range or so, it was awesome. So awesome, that if any of you have miles you want to give up, I’ll go ahead and agree right now to sing for free at any event of your choosing (in Hawaii).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home