Monday, August 16, 2004

Mundane and not so

Many things going on lately. I have had five empty houses, one empty commercial building, one remodeling project, two non-listed but desired properties and more to deal with which means the never-ending ringing of all phones. For those looking for a way to drive me crazy, call me. There came a time on Friday where I really thought I was going over the edge because every call I received (over 40 that day) was by someone demanding something. In most of these situations, the perceived emergency was one caused by the caller rather than me even though the solution had somehow become my responsibility. I need a break.

At my real job, things are hopping as well, but that job includes a confidentiality agreement so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I have a new favorite song. "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban gives me consistent chills. I really want us to do it at Highland. I had heard it before, but in light of yesterday's sermon it came to mind again so I came home and got it on I-Tunes. It is awesome. I am trying to teach it to myself for the piano as well.

I have also been to the hospital each of the last two days to visit a friend whose father is in his final days or hours. Remember the family of Larry "Nick" Nichols. His son, Brady, is an old school friend and in our small group at Highland. They need prayers.

Another member of our small group, Jamie Truitt is also hurting after the loss of her niece in a car wreck. Remember the Halbert family.

Today is the first day of school in Abilene- a big deal at our house with a 3rd grader, a 1st grader and a part-time second grade teacher. Everyone in our house is a little melancholy over the whole idea. My reasons are that it is so bittersweet to watch them grow up so fast and now I get back into being the car-pool dad and my truck once again becomes full of all the crap (sorry, can't think of another word for it) that kids manage to bring home from school.

Also this week, Sunday the 22nd will mark twelve years since I conned a gorgeous blonde into becoming my wife. Like everyone else's our marriage has been one of good times and tough times, but if I had tried this with anyone else, it would not have worked. Through the job changes, the family losses, the family trials, the kids, the injuries, and so much more I have watched Kendra be an example of unflappable grace while I have teetered on the edge. Combine that with the fact that she is an absolutely beautiful woman of God and you can see that I got the better end of the deal than she did.

So, those are my random thoughts for today. I will try to be more entertaining or thought-provoking some other time.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I vote for Josh Groban, also! Let's do it!

Monday, August 16, 2004 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home