Friday, October 22, 2004

Oh My Papa

Monday I called my dad and told him I was pretty sure I had had a much more productive day than he, as a retired person, had had. The humor in this lies in the fact that my dad, though officially retired, works harder than anyone I know. Nevertheless, he humored me and asked what I had done.

"I voted," I said.

"Well, I just think that's wrong," he said.

"You mean you think retired people shouldn' be allowed to vote or you think it's wrong to vote early?" I asked.

"I think it's wrong to vote early," he said. "If your candidate gets hit by a bus between now and the election, you will have ended up voting for someone you know nothing about."

"True," I said. "But if I get hit by a bus between now and the election at least my vote will have counted. Besides, if we haven't learned anything from the left in this election, it's not about voting for anyone. It's about voting against the guy you hate, right?"

I think he may vote today.

1 Comments:

Blogger beardedriffraff said...

I wonder what percentage of the population will have voted by election day? I voted already in my state and think most people I know plan on voting early als.

Saturday, October 23, 2004 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home