Monday, December 27, 2004

And now... Holiday Mundane

If you're keeping score, I haven't offered much of the blatantly mundane recently. So, here we go.

It is getting to be great rattlesnake hunting weather. I may go this week. I might post pictures if we get any big ones. The main thing to remember when hunting rattlesnakes is that no matter how cute they are, they are not very cuddly pets.

Today during a movie, my phone rang 5, count 'em, FIVE times. Ahh. Vacation.

Follow-the-leader on bikes with the kids can be fun.

I saw a segment on the "Today Show" this morning on something called Googlewhacking. Basically, this is the practice of entering a two word search into the Google search engine without any quotes or any other signs or punctuation in the hopes of finding only one single hit. The guy in the segment was a frustrated novelist who gave up on writing a book and instead is chronicling his Googlewhacking efforts and results. He also visits with some of the website creators of the "single-hit" results. It is cheating to use a dictionary or to create a program that automatically conducts searches based on dictionaries or word lists. I tried it for a little while and found one rather quickly: "peuce swashbuckler." It took about 5-10 minutes.

Today, we gave up on the "Ella Experiment." A friend of mine had his dog die recently and he had commented on Ella a few times. What else could I do? It is for the best on many levels.

Yesterday I actually heard someone say in a prayer that we needed to be mindful of the tragedy in Asia because there were probably some Christians among the casualties. I find it disgusting to think that that is the only reason we should pray over that situation. God, I pray that you will work in the lives of all those affected by the earthquake and resulting tsunami.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So you caught that little phrase in the prayer, too, huh? I think he meant well, but I guess those sort of "prayerisms" have been ingrained in previous generations.

And another thought (I haven't tried it yet), but won't blogging about your googlewhacking exploits nullify your entries? As soon as the google bots scan your blog, there will be two pages with "peuce swashbuckler" on it, thereby making an in illegitimate hit.

I think I have too much time on my hands...I'm gonna go read or something. Enjoy the vacation!

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 1:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home