The theme this "time" will be just that. It is in quotes because what we're after here are songs that actually mention a time of day, not just "time" as a concept. Perhaps we'll do that another "time" (so to speak). So once again, we're going for songs that mention a specific time of day. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to hearing from you. I'll be counting the minutes...
Now, since people seem to be making lists of things, here is a goofy list of things about me. While these lists are somewhat amusing in an "Oh, what an intriguing exercise" kind of way, they leave out so much that they can give an odd impression of a person. Nevertheless, here it is.
100. My junior high school building in Kansas was designed to be "tornado-proof."
99. I had a black eye when I got baptized.
98. I miss the smell of cow manure.
97. I hate open-casket funerals.
96. I have stolen a car, and later returned it.
95. I want to be secretly wealthy. (That's different than I secretly want to be wealthy.)
94. I had to wear a black eye patch one summer
93. I have preached a funeral.
92. I have carried almost a half a million dollars down the street without a guard for the bank where I used to work.
91. I have a beautiful wife.
90. I hate squirrels.
89. I have never been to a professional basketball game.
88. I do not think I have a talent for leading worship but I do feel most worshipful as I am doing it.
87. I love to go muddin'.
86. My favorite TV show is the Andy Griffith Show (black and white episodes only).
85. I never liked diet drinks until Diet Dr. Pepper came along.
84. Of many nicknames I have had, Valium and VD have lasted the longest.
83. I have signed autographs and posed for pictures at a mall pretending to be Matthew Broderick.
82. I like to drive very fast but resist the temptation.
81. I am a political conservative but I do not hate liberals.
80. I have several antique fans. (That does not mean that I have admirers in the 39ers class at church)
79. When I was young I stayed with my grandma and she did not let me read fiction (so I secretly read all of the Hardy Boys books at least twice).
78. I was frisked by cops in London Gatwick Airport while my parents laughed.
77. I was flashed at Disney World.
76. A friend and I spent much of one summer trying to get in the background of strangers' photos.
75. I love roller coasters.
74. I love my kids.
73. I love to help people.
72. I haven't had a ticket in almost ten years.
71. Right now on my bedside table is "His Needs, Her Needs for Parents."
70. I love to sing.
69. I want my own double-decker bus.
68. I really like to visit New York City.
67. I drove a 1968 Bronco in high school.
66. I never admit it when I send my wife flowers.
65. I was born in Wichita, Kansas.
64. I was once propositioned by a renter hoping to get a pass on her rent.
63. I am afraid I am too lazy.
62. While I think people find me to be direct, I am becoming more passive because I think it works better.
61. If I had been a girl my name would have been Vanda.
60. I tend to focus on the negative things about myself and that keeps me pretty busy.
59. I like to live simply.
58. I am a homebody (not to be confused with homeboy or even homie).
57. I think "King of the Hill" is one of the most realistic shows on TV even if it is a cartoon.
56. I think about my wife more times per day than I could ever count.
55. I do not like to use the telephone.
54. I do not like to water-ski.
53. I have been willed a Harley-Davidson.
52. My first boss after college told me I was an idiot and later had to answer to me.
51. My first boss after college is still a good friend.
50. I have been stuck in an elevator.
49. I have rescued someone else stuck in a different elevator.
48. I love ice cream.
47. I dwell on the future too much.
46. I once jumped from a moving car.
45. I occasionally giggle at potty humor.
44. I would sacrifice anything for my family.
43. When I was five and my dad told me my mom "passed away" I did not know what that meant until I asked someone later.
42. I met my wife at Camp Blue Haven when we were very young campers.
41. I have questions about the whole Pro-Life v. Abortion issue.
40. I have had many broken bones and stitches but have never been in the hospital overnight.
39. I have been in a car chase.
38. If I could have a meal with any person in history, I wonder where Jesus would want to eat.
37. I miss Calvin and Hobbes.
36. My extended family has disagreed for years about how to spell our name.
35. I enjoy hunting rattlesnakes.
34. I have been treated for rabies.
33. I wish I had time to take piano lessons.
32. The CD's I currently have in my truck include Steven Curtis Chapman (two of his), Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors, Van Halen, Frank Sinatra, ZOE, The Eagles and Chris Rice.
31. I love to fanagle.
30. The hair on both of my legs grows in a strange pattern.
29. I think there is irony in the fact that people lament the plight of the poor and then spend thousands per year on mere hobbies.
28. I have been described as a Jack-of-all-trades and master of none.
27. I am a bit of a tight-wad.
26. I would have a hard time arguing the point if someone called me childish.
25. I want my own lighthouse.
24. I came very close to going to Harding, but then my dad married a professor at ACU and FREE TUITION kept me. (My step-mom is worth a heck of a lot more than just free tuition by the way.)
23. The first movie I remember seeing was Pete's Dragon.
22. Several years later, Kendra and I went to movie night at camp together and saw Pete's Dragon.
21. One thing about me that I am proud of is my ability to relate to people of various backgrounds and walks of life.
20. I am on my church's worship committee.
19. I have been present for a hold-up.
18. I would secretly like to race either cars or motorcycles.
17. I am the youngest of four kids.
16. My mother died on Christmas Eve when I was five.
15. I think I probably have anger issues.
14. I have an over-developed sweet tooth.
13. I am not superstitious (knock on wood).
12. I am withholding some juicy stuff from this list.
11. I was a Sing Song host at ACU.
10. My girls (Michal, Addie and Kendra) have me wrapped around their fingers.
9. I am not disciplined enough.
8. I have been known to resist authority.
7. I think I am trustworthy.
6. I have only been to two continents.
5. Two summers ago I mowed about 30 yards for free.
4. I am thankful for many mentors I have had.
3. I do not like it when people are presumptuous.
2. I am an "already, but not yet Christian."
1. I have been redeemed.