Monday, May 01, 2006

I wonder how many of the people weighing in on the immigration issue even know an illegal immigrant. I wonder how many know a legal immigrant. I wonder how many give a crap about the difference. I wonder how many lock their doors and why.

**

I wonder how many people who wish to be a "missional Christian" have friendships with indigent people or people from other socioeconomic groups instead of treating them as projects.

**

If we are really serious about the whole countercultural thing, does popularity matter? Perhaps it is especially telling.

**

Sometimes I am a little amazed by how many environmentalists drive SUV's.

**

I wonder why we are called to a different way of living but so many selectively apply the notion of difficult choices when it comes to politics and entitlements.

**

Has "if it feels good- do it" ever worked? And yet, to expect personal responsibility it insensitive.

**

Statistic suggest that that 800+ American family units will spend more than $1 million on flavored beverages this year. Results show that they will spend less than that over three years for their church building.

**

I wonder how many other 36 year-old curmudgeons there are?

**

I wonder why the brass ring fits so tightly as a collar and yet people keep reaching for it?

**

I wonder why I'm so grouchy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home