Monday, February 27, 2006

Boring Post- Don't Bother

Well, if you ever wondered what it might be like to fall from a large truck and land face first on concrete, let me just tell you it is not as fun as you might think. Long story short, Thursday I ended up with a chipped tooth, bruised ribs, sore and swollen chin, bruised knee and a sprained left hand (at least I hope it's just sprained). Remember I am a little accident prone.

~~~~~~~~~~

It bugs me a little when people make mountains out of mole hills simply because they have an axe to grind and not when they are actually offended. I won't start listing examples. That would just take way too long. Besides I don't want to make a mountain out of... well, you get the idea.

~~~~~

I am beginning to think that Power Point was designed soley to make me look foolish and only me. NEWS FLASH: I don't need any help with that!

~~~~~

I love old TV shows. I love that my girls are fans of "I Love Lucy." I remember watching old episodes of "My Favorite Martian" and "Hogan's Heroes" and "Green Acres" and "Get Smart" and "The Munsters" when I stayed with my Grandma Edie when I was just a pup. But without question, my absolute favorite television show of all time is "The Andy Griffith Show." (Although to be honest, I don't watch the color episodes.) The personalities depicted were enjoyable and the humor was pure and entertaining. Andy (Sheriff Taylor) and Don Knotts (Barney Fife) were pros at improvising scenes. Themes were encouraging and funny all at the same time as this situation of a father raising his motherless son was presented in the backdrop of fictional but idealisric Mayberry, NC. I still get tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat every time I watch the Mr. McBeevey episode. I just bring it up today in light of the news of Don Knotts' death. He was a comedic genius (Three's Company notwithstanding) who in his role as Barney Fife showed it was possible to be funny without being crude. I miss that.

~~~~~

Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

The idea that "Barney" has come to represent an annoying purple dinasour is offensive to me, but I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Barney will always mean Fife to me. I too love that show and I don't watch the episodes shot in color either.

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Accident-prone? Remind me to stay away from you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

"Two Lefts Don't Make a Right, But Three Do" is one of my favorite albums! Glad to see you're listening to Relient K. ;o)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

If the truck you fell off of was filled with turnips, please don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home